"...NO ONE DOES IT BETTER..."
FORTERA NIGERIA LIMITED is open to accepting corporate information technology challenges of its clients, hard and software inclusive. Our technical off shore partners are renowned agents to a leading IT configuration giant. We are thus privilege to benefit from this lasting affiliation. Back home, we keep a team of in-house software practitioners with current know-how and most recent certification.
With an excellent Data Base Administration (DBA) FORTERA NIGERIA LIMITED has been empowered sufficiently to undertake challenges from the financial sector across oil and gas industry up to educational institutions including military and para-military outfits. We equally organize graded training courses and seminars in line with demands of corporate bodies and institutions. Our facilitators are well experienced. Fresh experiences are shared; ideas are analyzed, while orthodox beliefs, conceptions and procedures are shaded for better IT options.
It will be noted that FORTIS INFO TECH PROVIDES Biometric initiative targeting at the following classes of client
A. BNV Tracking
B. Fingerprint Identification
C. Iris Identification
D. RFID Wristband
FORTIS RFID WRISTBAND
The FORTIS RFID wristband features an alert button and allows for motion monitoring and take-off detection. The wristband is therefore ideal for hospitals or high security environments but can equally be used as part of event management or access control. Easy set up and flexible configuration makes it suitable for many applications, including automated payment for on-site products and services.The RFID wristband uses two-layer anti-collision technology that significantly reduces the loss rate, well below the rate of other products in the market. The Fortera RFID wristband features an alert button and allows for motion monitoring and take-off detection. The wristband is therefore ideal for high security environments.
FORTIS IRIS IDENTIFICATION
An iris-recognition algorithm first has to identify the approximately concentric circular outer boundaries of the iris and the pupil in a photo of an eye. The set of pixels covering only the iris is then transformed into a bit pattern that preserves the information that is essential for a statistically meaningful comparison between two iris images. Iris recognition efficacy is rarely impeded by glasses or contact lenses. Iris technology has the smallest outlier (those who cannot use/enroll) group of all biometric technologies. Because of its speed of comparison,iris recognition is the only biometric technology well suited for one-to-many identification at international or local airport-border posts.A key advantage of iris recognition is its stability, or template longevity, as, barring trauma, a single enrollment can last a lifetime.
Automated fingerprint identification is the process of automatically matching one or many unknown fingerprints against a database of known and unknown prints. Fortera IT’s partners are one of the few companies worldwide to develop an NIST certified AFIS, and the first among the South Asian countries. Fortera IT’s partners are ranked number 1 in the Minutiae Interoperability Exchange (MINEX) test by the NIST (National Institute of Standards & Technology). According to the NIST MINEX benchmarking, Fortera AFIS matcher showed False Non Match Rate of 0.0002 with self-generated templates along with a fixed False Match Rate of .01.This makes Bangladesh the producer of the world’s best AFIS and the only South Asian country to develop a NIST certified AFIS. Fortera IT is also a provider of pre-packaged and customized e-business solutions and strategic consultancy.
FORTIS VERIFICATION TRACKING
The Bank Verification Number (BVN) is a biometric identification system implemented by the Central Bank of Nigeria to curb or reduce illegal banking transactions in Nigeria.It is a modern security measure in line with the Central Bank of Nigeria Decree to reduce fraud in the Nigerian banking system. The system works by recording fingerprints and a facial photographic capture of all verified financial institutions clientele base in the country. Individuals on bail trying to abscond and evade the security authorities can be apprehended at any bank’s branch while been served by the banks’ teller unknown to the to suspect.
FORTIS IT ENROLL
This a comprehensive enrollment application that is based on a service oriented architecture leveraging XML technology built by Fortera IT’s international partners to perform distributed enrollment and storage capabilities. The application can be used on desktop PCs as well as handheld devices for registration in remote areas. It can be used to capture biometric information and has the following advantages:
- It can easily be customized to meet different enrolment requirements
- The user friendly interfaces allow for fast data entry rate
- The application supports different languages.
- It is available as a smart application and a desktop application.
- Functionalities such as user management, restricting different privilege groups to different screens and tasks are also available.
- Peripheral diagnostics and checks can be performed to confirm all peripherals are connected before starting the program.
- Keeps immutable log files of all activity.
- Supports most leading peripherals for fingerprint, photo and signature capture.
- Can be used as a portable as well as fixed station solution.
- There is an option for multi authentication login including username, password, fingerprint etc.
- There is also an option for notification/alert feature for successful enrolments
FORTIS FINGERPRINT CAPTURE
Fortera IT has developed a rich yet easy to use fingerprint capturing mechanism to guarantee the highest quality fingerprint capture. It has the following features:
- Supports single finger readers, two-finger readers, and multi-finger slap devices (10-print devices) from many popular brands
- Hardware independent and facilitates integration with any new fingerprint scanners
- Allows capturing of both flat and rolled fingerprints
- It does slap segmentation, sequence check & auto-capture
- It has built in quality assurance mechanisms
- Gives live feedback to operators on quality of fingerprint
- It allows capturing of any number of fingerprints
- Supports exception handling, i.e. substitutions can be made for missing fingers or a missing hand, and also can deal with other disability issues and size variations. The application can be configured to capture any fingerprint and any number of fingerprints either separated or at the same time that are required and supported by the fingerprint scanner.
- Prints can be easily retaken at the will of the operator.
- Uses WSQ compression standard.
FORTIS PHOTO CAPTURE
The photo capture module in the Fortera IT Enroll application comes in two levels – Basic and Advanced. The advanced level is optional and comes with additional features. While the basic level may be sufficient for most clients, the advance level adds features that can enhance capture quality as well as the speed of capture of the photo.
Although any amateur programming can incorporate taking photos via application, incorporating artificial intelligence to guide taking photos that meets international image quality standards is where we draw the line for a professional solution
FORTIS SIGNATURE CAPTURE
Fortera IT’s Signature Capture module integrated in the enrollment application uses advanced intelligence to ease the process of signature capture. Some of the features include:
- Auto detection of active signature region
- Smart crop
- No distortion of fingerprint aspect ratio
- Auto zoom and fit to maximum area possible
- Transparent background behind signatures
- Pressure sensitivity for high accuracy
Supported image formats for capturing fingerprints: Bitmap (BMP), TIFF (uncompressed and compressed), and JPG. Fortera IT Enroll supports multiple, popular digital signature capture devices out-of-the-box, including Topaz Systems and Wacom.